Issue - meetings
Application by XXXXXXXXXX
- Appendix A - Wig & Gown Application, item 19 PDF 407 KB
- Appendix B - Current Licence, item 19 PDF 577 KB
- Appendix C - Police Reps, item 19 PDF 377 KB
- Appendix D - EH Rep, item 19 PDF 6 KB
- Appendix E - IP Rep, item 19 PDF 320 KB
- Appendix F - LOCAL POLICY CONSIDERATIONS, item 19 PDF 12 KB
- Appendix G - Secretary of State Guidance, item 19 PDF 127 KB
The Council’s Licensing Manager introduced her report and explained that Mrs Rickards (the Applicant) had applied for a variation of the Premises Licence, under section 34 of the Licensing Act 2003, for the Wig and Gown Public House, Spital Street, Dartford Kent, DA1, which is situated in Dartford Town Centre.
The following variations to the conditions of the current Premises Licence were proposed:
To delete the following conditions:
a. When the premises are open on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays and Bank Holidays there will be no admission or re-admission after 00:00 hours.
b. The rear garden shall not be used by patrons after 21:00 Sunday to Thursday, nor after 22:30 on Fridays, Saturdays, Bank Holidays or Christmas Eve.
c. Bottles and other waste should not be removed from the premises and tipped into refuse and recycling bins between 21:00 and 08:00. Kitchen waste may be emptied until 21:30. Waste and recycling bins utilised shall be lidded and large enough to hold all waste generated by the premises.
d. When the premises are open between 20:00hrs till close on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays and Bank Holidays a minimum of 4 SIA door supervisors must be present at the customer entrance and exit of thepremises.
· When the premises are open on Friday and Saturdays and Bank Holidays there will be no admission or re-admission after 01:45 hours.
· The rear garden shall not be used by patrons after 00:00 Sunday to Saturday, Bank Holidays or Christmas Eve. The garden in now [sic] an enclosed area which will limit sound escaping.
· Bottles and other waste should not be removed from the premises and tipped into refuse and recycling bins between 00:00 and 08:00. Kitchen waste may be emptied until 00:30. Waste and recycling bins utilised shall be lidded and large enough to hold all waste generated by the premises.
· When the premises are open between 20:00 hrs till close on Friday and Saturdays and Sundays prior to Bank Holidays a minimum of 3 SIA door supervisors must be present at the customer entrance and exit of thepremises.
It was noted that the consultation on the proposed variations had elicited objections from respectively, Kent Police and Dartford Borough Council’s Environmental Health as Responsible Authorities and from Councillor Rosanna Currans (Dartford Ward Councillor and Portfolio holder for High Street Revival and Town Centre), as an interested party.
The Chairman drew the written submissions made by the Applicant to the attention of the Sub Committee and asked the Applicant if she had anything further to add.
(a) stressed that the pub was a family run establishment and that there had been no occasions where Police presence had been required;
(b) wished to have the flexibility to choose the night on which to provide an indoor platform for live bands and musicians. Outdoor music would be purely acoustic;
(c) wished to reduce the number of SIA door supervisors from 4 to 3 - to reduce the risk of being overstaffed ... view the full minutes text for item 19